In a recent blog post I called the ASAP community “real-life university on the leading edge of business practice.” School is in session next week, when ASAP’s real-world scholars and practitioners converge on Orlando, Florida USA for the 2015 ASAP Global Alliance Summit. Here are my Top 10 reasons why you don’t want to miss this unparalleled learning and networking opportunity.
10. Multiparty Partnering. Multiparty and coopetition alliances, cross-sector partnering, ecosystem management, and other sorts of complex, multiplayer collaborative models come to the fore at this year’s summit. These aren’t just big concepts—we’re now in the thick of actually managing (with increasing sophistication) these highly complex and chaotic types of partnering models. Two keynotes and multiple summit sessions delve deeply into cutting-edge models and how they play out in practice.
9. See Familiar Faces. A remarkable core of partnering and alliance professionals serves as the volunteer backbone of ASAP. These folks serve on the board and lead ASAP chapters around the world. They present at virtual and face-to-face events. And they attend ASAP conferences year in and out. You folks know who you are—and I for one can’t wait to see your familiar faces again this year!
8. Meet Fresh Faces. It’s great to see old friends—and also to make new ones. About half the folks who attend ASAP conferences are newbies. It’s an amazing opportunity to make new connections—and to welcome them into the heart of ASAP’s partnering, alliance management, and business collaboration community.
7. Notable Keynoters. Conferences are not just about great keynoters—but a great keynote address really sets the tone for a great conference. This year, as ASAP recently announced , we have two “out of this world” keynote speakers. Dale Ketcham, chief of strategic alliances for Space Florida, and Dr. Mark Rosenberg, president and CEO of The Task for Global Health, both will speak on Tuesday, March 3, during the global summit’s morning plenary session.
6. Channel Accounts Go Collaborative. Recent ASAP webinars and Strategic Alliance Magazine articles have honed in on the rapid convergence of practice between alliance and channel sales management. This year’s summit features multiple sessions on strategic account and channel account management—including a special 90-minute workshop addressing collaboration in the channel.
5. Partnering , Sales, Revenues. Indeed, sales and revenue matter more than ever to alliance executives—and conversely, business development and sales are rapidly morphing into highly collaborative functions that require business skills long since honed by the alliance management profession. Multiple sessions will delve into sales—including a recently announced case study presentation by Mission Pharmacal President of Commercial Operations Terry Herring, who will talk about restructuring a family-owned pharma company into a partnering—and sales—powerhouse.
4. A Higher Bar for Strategy. As partnering becomes ever more essential to our businesses and organizations, partnerships must deliver the goods and much more consistently fulfill their strategic intent. The keynotes and many sessions will address strategic challenges and opportunities. There’s even an entire track focused on “Leadership for Change Agents.”
3. The Win-Win Awards. Paragons of partnering—those who take alliance management to new heights—are recognized each year as finalists for the ASAP Alliance Excellence Awards. This year, awards will be presented in the categories of Individual Alliance Excellence, Alliance for Corporate Social Responsibility, Innovative Best Alliance Practice, and Alliance Program Excellence. Check the ASAP Blog later this week for our forthcoming announcement of the 2015 finalists.
2. Foundational Fundamentals. The annual ASAP Summit has always been a great place for new and less experienced alliance executives to glean incredible amounts of knowledge in a short amount of time. Experienced executives also find it valuable to bone up on the fundamentals. This learning immediately translates into real-world impact as you apply what you’ve learned to your daily job. In addition to tracks and sessions focused on foundational alliance management skills, there are also several in-depth workshops,including CA-AM and CSAP certification exam preparation workshops, a Lilly introduction to alliance management course, and Xerox’s brand new workshop on onboarding your high-tech partnership.
1. Forging Collaboration’s Future. Want to know what’s coming down the pike—next? There’s no better window on the future of partnering and business collaboration than the 2015 ASAP Global Alliance Summit. And being at the Summit doesn’t just show you what to expect—it puts you in the driver’s seat to lead your organization through change and disruption. So come to Orlando and forge the future of partnering—from fundamentals to advanced practices! There’s still time to register and attend—even if you only can make it for a day. Click here and visit the summit website and register today!
I look forward to seeing you there!