- ASAP member in good standing
- Three years or more of alliance management experience
- Completed application and payment of USD $225
- Passage of CA-AM exam
Certification exams test an individual’s knowledge of key alliance management skills. Potential CA-AMs are tested on overall alliance and operational competencies related to running an existing alliance, but not on the entire alliance life cycle.
The CA-AM exam:
- Is un-proctored and administered online
- Can be taken in one sitting or over a period of 30 days
- Takes an average of 90 minutes to complete in one sitting
- Is experiential in nature – questions appear to have more than one right answer, but there is only one “best” answer
- Consists of 85 multiple choice questions
- Requires a score of 59 to pass
Registering for the CA-AM Exam:
- Click or cut and paste http://www.asapweb.org/ca-am into your browser
- Click “register for this event” – Ignore the dates listed!
- Enter email address. This should be the address we have set up for you in the database (where you receive ASAP mailings)
- Password: If this is the first time using this system, the password is Password1 (case sensitive). Otherwise, it is the password you set up. If you cannot remember your password, you can reset your password at http://www.asapweb.org/reset or contact Brendan Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 781-562-1630 ext. 200
- Initial Exam and Retake Fees: Individuals should select the appropriate radio button to be charged the appropriate fee.
- Required Fields: Individuals must indicate their years experience, attempt number, and language preference for the exam.
Applications are processed as quickly as possible. Applications may take up to three business days to process and for the CA-AM exam link to be received. Immediate requests for access to the exam cannot be honored.
The exam email will come from email@example.com. Please make sure to whitelist and look for this email.
For more information about the CA-AM exam, please see the following answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
NOTE: CA-AM renewal and CSAP certification eligibility requirements are the same.