The CA-AM exam tests an individual’s knowledge of key alliance management skills. Candidates are tested on overall alliance and operational competencies related to running an existing alliance, but not on the entire alliance life cycle.
The CSAP exam tests an individual’s knowledge of key alliance management skills and tests on all facets of alliance management from inception to termination.
Level 2 (Advanced)
- ASAP member in good standing
- At least three years of alliance management experience
Completed application and payment of USD $599
Includes: Self-Paced CA-AM Exam Prep Course; 8-week subscription to The ASAP Handbook of Alliance Management (eBook); CA-AM Exam
- Click here for description of the Self-Paced eLearning CA-AM Prep Workshop
- ASAP member in good standing
- CA-AM certified
- Six certification qualification points (see: Renewal & Eligibility)
- Completed application and payment of USD $650
Includes: Self-Study Review Notebook, CSAP practice exam, CSAP Mentor, and CSAP exam. (Bundle option including a copy of The ASAP Handbook of Alliance Management: A Practitioner's Guide available for $795)
- Un-proctored and administered online
- Workshop can be taken in one sitting or over a period of 8 weeks. Takes an average of 2.5-3 hours to complete in one sitting
- Signup and access to the CA-AM exam will be provided within the CA-AM Exam Prep Course
- Exam takes an average of 90 minutes to complete in one sitting. Can be done over the course of 15 days
- Is experiential in nature – questions appear to have more than one right answer, but there is only one “best” answer
- Consists of 85 multiple choice questions
- Test takers are scored on 75 of the 85 questions
- A score of 59 is required to pass
- Is computer-based and proctored*
- Takes an average of 2 – 3 hours to finish
- Is experiential in nature – questions appear to more than one right answer, but there is only one “best” answer
- Consists of 150 multiple choice questions
- Test takers are scored on 135 of the 150 questions
- A score of 102 is required to pass
|Register for Certification
Click here to register
CSAP Preparation Toolkit:
WITH the Handbook ($795)
WITHOUT the Handbook ($650)
|*CSAP Proctor Information
The CSAP Exam is an electronic examination, and can be taken when it is convenient for you from your office, home or any other location that has an internet connection. The exam is proctored; eligible CSAP candidates are required to nominate a proctor to administer their exam. All nominated proctors must fill out a proctor form and submit it for approval; these forms can be found on the exam registration site.
Eligible proctors are considered the following individuals:
Library Science Professional
CA-AM & CSAP applications are processed as quickly as possible. Applications may take up to three business days to process. Communications regarding your application will come from AutoResponse@captus.com. Please make sure to whitelist and look for this email. For questions regarding either exam or the CSAP proctor nomination process, please contact Jennifer Silver at email@example.com or +1 781-562-1630 ext. 205.
For more information about the CA-AM & CSAP exams, please see the following answers to some Frequently Asked Questions
Note: CA-AM renewal and CSAP eligibility requirements are the same. For a complete guide to renewal/eligibility, click here.