The ASAP alliance management certification program offers members the opportunity to demonstrate their mastery of core alliance skills and the management of all forms of collaborative business relationships.
The program features two levels of certification:
- Certification of Achievement–Alliance Management (CA-AM) – the basic level of certification for up-and-coming alliance professionals
- Certified Strategic Alliance Professional (CSAP) – the advanced level of certification for seasoned practitioners with a command of the full alliance life cycle from inception to termination
Why Become Certified?
Certification has been proven to have value to both individuals and the organization for which they work. Successful alliance managers exhibit in-depth knowledge of a wide range of skills. Through certification, alliance managers demonstrate their knowledge of these skills.
In addition, certification represents a level of professional achievement. Becoming certified also demonstrates a commitment to the profession. Just as important, certified alliance management professionals are recognized leaders and serve as role models within the alliance management profession.
ASAP’s certifications are increasingly recognized as the standard for alliance managers.
Benefits of Certification…
…To the Organization:
- Higher alliance success rate than industry average
- Quicker time-to-market
- Optimal agreements – Leave nothing on the table
- Increased revenues
- Mitigation of risk
- High customer satisfaction rates
…To the Individual:
- Validate and strengthen alliance management expertise
- Increase potential earning power
- Be a more competitive candidate
We invite you to learn more about our certifications programs by contacting ASAP Certification Coordinator Jennifer Silver at 781-562-1630 ext. 205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership in ASAP is required to obtain certification. If you are not currently a member, please contact ASAP’s Manager of Membership Services Lori Gold at 781-562-1630 ext 203 or email@example.com to join ASAP and take advantage of the many benefits, including certification.
Alliance Competencies and Skills
ASAP has established the following skill sets for alliance management professionals. These skill sets are divided into three categories:
Business skills required in alliance management, not unique to the role.
- Communications Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Negotiation Skills
- Financial Management
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Team Management
- Leadership Through Influence
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
Critical competencies specific to the role of alliance management.
- Creating Strategic Alignment
- Value Proposition Development
- Alliance Metrics Setting
- Operating Principles
- Joint Business Planning
- Alliance Negotiations
- Organizational Alignment
- Relationship Management
- Cultural Considerations
Knowledge elements unique to the company and competitive environments.
- Company Strategic Imperatives
- Industry and Technical Drivers
- Organizational and Functional Structure
- Company Governance
- Company Partnering Culture
Certification and Membership Expiration Matrix
|CA-AM/CSAP Reinstatement Process
||Certification is tied to membership and only remains active when membership is current.
|CA-AM/CSAP Reinstatement Process
||No action required.|
Certification Founding Sponsors
We have a stellar group of organizations that have chosen to be industry leaders in this endeavor by making an investment allowing ASAP to initiate this exciting program. We thank them for their generous support and vote of confidence in the value that this program will deliver to their organizations and alliance professionals worldwide.