Associate Director, Alliance Mgt.
Job Title: Associate Director, Alliance Management
Location: Flexible. If in-person position is in Princeton, NJ
As an Associate Director, Alliance Management at Otsuka, you will get the opportunity to optimize the value of assigned pharmaceutical industry and digital health industry alliances. Efforts will span the continuum of our engagements with collaborators – from providing pre-deal input on the governance model to supporting and/or leading alliances through the full lifecycle of start-up, ongoing performance, and when appropriate, close-out. As part of these efforts, you will work to enhance the Alliance Management function and the company’s overarching Alliance Management capability (continuously improving) to achieve success through such collaborations.
- Participate in review of new collaborator contract negotiations as appropriate and provide input into terms of the contract – in particular, governance structures and processes.
Post-Deal - Alliance Management Lifecycle:
- For assigned alliances, provide operational support (governance, documentation, etc.) across the alliance life cycle from start-up to close-out to realize the spirit and intent of the alliance
- As appropriate, support the assigned lead Alliance Managers: including but not limited to scheduling meetings, preparing and disseminating meeting materials, supporting efforts around managing conflict resolution and escalation processes, etc.
- Plan, execute, and monitor operational activities of alliance
- Regularly communicate with internal and external (collaborator) stakeholders regarding alliance status and issues
- Identify alliance-related issues early and bring to the appropriate stakeholders/forums in a timely manner; take initial responsibility for conflict resolution both internally and with collaborators
- 5+ years in Alliance Management, Program Management, Business Development or related function
- Experience working in a cross-matrix project team is essential with clinical and commercial development experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to effectively facilitate large cross-functional, cross-companies’ meetings
- Familiarity with legal and contractual governance
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally
- Willingness to be accountable for all aspects of the alliance collaboration
- Requires strong understanding of the research, development, and commercialization of new drugs
- Demonstrated sensitivity and knowledge of cultural differences with experience in multi-country, multi-cultural environments within varying geographies
- Ability to work effectively within all levels of the organization
Advanced degree in Life Sciences, Business, Medicine, or other relevant area
10+ years in Pharma and/or Digital Health (or related) industries
Apply online at: https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/details/Associate-Director-Alliance-Management_R1894
Questions, Contact: email@example.com