Listen Up!: An Alliance Professionals’ Fireside Chat on Communication
ASAP certified member will receive .25 CEU for attending this program.
Sophie Lismonde, CA-AM
Managing Partner | Consensa Consulting
Corporate Vice President, Global Microsoft Alliance | Avanade
Senior Director, Head of Alliance Leadership | Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
Michael J. Burke
Senior Editorial Consultant/Editor in Chief | ASAP
Among the many collaborative skills alliance managers must have in their tool belts, communication is a big one. "Communication" covers listening, speaking, understanding, having empathy, and showing respect—and much more. It must be applied internally, within one's own organization, and externally, with alliance partners. Knowing whom to speak with, when, how, and how often—and which people to get in the room (virtual or otherwise) to make a decision or resolve an issue—can be critical to alliance success.
Our seasoned panelists will discuss their own experiences in alliance communication and share their insights, including:
- Establishing a "common language with shared meaning"
- Bridging partners and internal stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Communication in virtual settings
- Speaking and listening across different company and country cultures
- Psychological and emotional elements of communication