Sr Manager Alliance Management
Job Title: Sr Manager Alliance Management
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Cambridge, MA
At J&J, we are working to create a world without disease. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. The Lung Cancer Initiative (LCI), a cross-sector initiative charged by the Executive Committee of J&J with meaningfully altering the course of lung cancer, and the World Without Disease Accelerator (WWDA), a cross sector R&D organization, have a collective vision focused on changing the trajectory of health for humanity by preventing, intercepting, and curing disease.
The Johnson & Johnson LCI and WWDA is recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Alliance Management. This position will be a member of the Scientific & Clinical Operations Team seeking to maximize the value of existing Alliances and research collaborations between LCI/WWDA and organizations/institutions and play a critical role in future alliance agreements. The Alliance Manager will engage in the alliance at the project level, working closely with the LCI/WWDA leaders and scientific project team, including members from our Alliance Partners to monitor the progress of the projects and ensure success. With oversight from the VP, Clinical & Scientific Operations, this leader will follow projects from proposal creation through the final report.
Specific Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Engage with Alliance Partners to understand scientific areas of research, network with the LCI/WWDA leaders to help conceptualize and realize project and proposal ideas
• Assist in development and implementation of Request for Proposal (RFP) documents in coordination with Business Operations and alliance partners
• Liaise between LCI/WWDA, Finance, Procurement, Health Care Compliance, Legal, Portfolio & Project Management by developing and maintaining effective lines of communication and to ensure organizational needs are met in a timely and compliant way
• Participate in and drive internal research administration approval process for alliance projects, i.e., networking with respective Research Administrative Offices, engaging with key departments to maintain positive working relationships and an efficient process
• Coordinate internal meetings/minutes for key alliance partnerships and relevant project team meetings, as appropriate in collaboration with LCI/WWDA partners
• Ensure that required technical reports, and all other necessary reports, are submitted to alliance partners in a timely fashion; notify alliance partners of sponsored inventions
• Assist in establishing and maintaining metrics evaluating progress and success of alliance projects including brief scientific updates to be distributed to LCI/WWDA and Alliance Partner leadership
• Review, interpret, and document alliance agreement terms in LCI/WWDA's internal database • Ensure that all obligations of LCI/WWDA to the sponsors are met
• An advanced scientific degree in biological sciences or related discipline is required
• 8+ years professional experience with 5+ years focused on alliance management, i.e., working with scientific collaboration/alliance management in an industrial or academic setting is required
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail is required
• Savvy at navigating complex organizations and connecting the right people within each organization is required
• Prior experience dealing with contracting and financial processes is required
• Ability to think strategically, while staying focused on monitoring the progress of action items and bringing them to conclusion within appropriate time frames is required
• Highly organized with a strength and interest in process and operational efficiency is required
• Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple and conflicting interests is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.