Advanced Alliance Series: Conflict Management
Presented by alliance management executives from Eli Lilly and Company
David Thompson, CSAP
Chief Alliance Officer, Eli Lilly and Company
Kimberly E. Koch, CA-AM, MS
Senior Director, Alliance Management and Corporate Business Development, Eli Lilly and Company
Vickie Dalton, PsyD, HSPP
Forensically trained and clinical psychologist
Building on the success of other sold-out virtual workshops lead by executives from Eli Lilly and Company, this program further develops the core skills of alliance management, with a focus on conflict management while providing exposure to experience and learnings from Eli Lilly and Company's Office of Alliance Management.
Obstacles exist in every business relationship. How they are managed both internally and externally is what can cause relationships to fail or help them become extraordinary. Conflict, occurs when those within the alliance disagree over values, interests, motivations, perceptions, ideas, and/or desires. Collaborative techniques can strengthen high performance process and capitalize on conflict to create better decisions and positively impact the alliance.
During this engaging "hands-on" workshop participants will learn the best ways to address and manage obstacles such as conflict in an alliance through real life scenarios making use of collaborative tools and techniques associated with high performing teams. Workshop exercises, including group activities will help attendees develop more finely tuned communication, negotiation, and influencing skills. These skills will benefit alliance teams to better navigate day to day situations whereby issues and conflict arises that can potentially affect or even stall the success and timeline of the alliance.
Who should attend:
- Seasoned alliance management professionals regardless of industry
- Individuals who are the sole alliance professionals at their organizations
- Leaders within a company's alliance management group or those who desire to become a department leader
Why you should attend:
- Course Objective: Each of these courses focuses on creating the maximum value for an alliance and the alliance manager.
- Eli Lilly & Company: Lilly is a recognized leader in alliance management. We have taken and developed an open-source system of alliance management that is widely used in both the pharmaceutical industry and non-pharma industries. This open-source approach creates an environment highly conducive to alliance success.
- Faculty: Each class is taught by a team of teachers that includes experienced alliance managers from Lilly and other companies, a forensically and clinically trained psychologist, and other experienced guest lectures based on their availability.
- Approach: The interactive course allows time for networking via working on in-class case studies and other group projects.
- Overall Program: The four current classes, and the in-development fifth class, are designed to be taken in any order and give the attendees the necessary tools to return to their own alliances better able to create value for their respective companies.
- Results: The end of the course class participant surveys for each course is consistently high. A large number of participants return to participate in other Lilly-run courses.
Please Note: Workshop registration does not include access to the 2023 ASAP BioPharma Conference.
Note: Members and Non-Members must be logged in to register for events. Don't have a login? Create an account and join our community!